Thank You for Your Donation:) only $1

January 10, 2024

Katy's largest food festival returns

Plus: New rescue cat cafe. Hottest zip code. 

 ͏  ͏  ͏
Katy Insider

NEW YEAR SALE: Only 99¢ for Access!
Act Now

We asked where you can find the best live music in Katy. Here's what you said.

There are plenty of live music venues that I can think of off the top of my head, but it's hard to name my favorite. 

Last week I asked you where we could find the best live music in Katy, and you chimed in with your answers. The answers didn't surprise me, and I completely agree with your votes.

I decided to put together a story about the top three, and I hope you find the list helpful.

Thank you to everyone who voted, but especially the reader that sent this:

"I'd like to say my living room every darn night given that my kids, ages 12, 9 and 6, play the instruments my wife bought them for Christmas, but the truth is that they aren't very good. My 9-year-old seems to be the most talented on the harmonica, but the 6-year-old doesn't seem to understand that no good song leads with a trombone. Anyways, I'm considering a two- drink minimum and light microwaveable snacks to make some passive income as I continue treatment for my hearing loss."

While this was in no way useful for story purposes, I got a chuckle reading it. If this reader does open their living room for concerts and popcorn, I think the Katy Insiders should all attend the show.

Photo of Claire Goodman

Claire Goodman, Katy reporter

claire.goodman@houstonchronicle.com

Display Advertisement - Top Position

Growing Katy

A real estate for sale sign is shown at a home Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2023, in Spring.

Photo by: Melissa Phillip, Staff Photographer

Katy tops list of hottest ZIP codes in the U.S.

A new report released by Opendoor names Cypress and Katy as the hottest zip codes in 2023. 


Trending

Cat Haven Lounge is under construction in Katy Asian Town on Friday, Jan. 5. 

Photo by: Claire Goodman, Staff Writer

New rescue cat cafe to open soon at Katy Asian Town

Adoptable cats will roam freely in Cat Haven Lounge, opening in the spring in Katy Asian Town.


Need to Know

Visitors to Katy Taste Fest sample local fare in 2023.

Photo by: Courtesy/Katy Taste Fest

Katy's largest foodie festival returns this spring to Typhoon Texas

The philanthropy-forward event will take place at Typhoon Texas and will feature foods from more than 30 restaurants. 


Openings and Closings

A new pop-up bar at Chatter's Cafe and Bistro hopes to transport customers to the magical world of Oz and have them saying, "we're not in Houston anymore."

The cafe at 140 S. Heights Blvd. is transforming into a "Wizard of Oz"-themed cocktail bar starting March 6 through April 28.


Shout out

Congratulations and good luck to Missouri City native Ellie Breaux, who will be competing in this year's Miss America Pageant.


One last thing ...

More than 3,000 personalized license plates, including "H0EZ," "DAYUMMN" and "PHCKIT," were rejected by the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles in 2023, my colleague Octavia Johnson reports.

You have to give these drivers credit- they gave it their best shot.

Display Advertisement - Bottom Position
Houston Chronicle
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube LinkedInTikTok

Unsubscribe  |  Manage Preferences  |  Privacy Notice

Houston Chronicle - Footer Logo

Houston Chronicle
4747 Southwest Freeway, Houston, TX 77027
© 2024 Hearst Communications

No comments:

Post a Comment