Thank You for Your Donation:) only $1

March 15, 2024

The story of one very, very bad review.

The Most Bonkers Book Release Story Ever. 

Hey friends - 

What a year this week has been. On Sunday, The New York Times wrote a negative review about ... well, not so much my book but about me. The reviewer describes me as irrational and loud, questions why my husband loves me (no, really), and pokes jabs at the fact that I don't have kids. Oh, and the accompanying illustration is literally my head on a platter, with pieces scooped out. (I seriously wish I was kidding.)

They modeled it after my author pic: 



THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST BONKERS THINGS TO HAVE EVER HAPPENED TO ME AND A LOT OF BONKERS THINGS HAVE HAPPENED TO ME. 

It was as though they were trying to prove the thesis of the book by cramming a whole bunch of misogyny into their review of it. It could have easily tanked this little book of mine if so many of you weren't so incredibly kind, supportive, and generous. You all pulled through for me in ways that I could never have imagined. To everyone who bought this book, requested it from your libraries, and told their friends and loved ones about it, THANK YOU. I will remained stunned until the end of my days. 



If you want a copy of IF YOU CAN'T TAKE THE HEAT and you don't have one yet, it's now available on Amazon (and on Bookshop.org) and save for one glaring exception, it's getting some pretty rave reviews.

Loudly and irrationally yours,
Geraldine

P.S. - Signed copies are available, too!
Copyright © 2024 Everywhereist, All rights reserved.
You're receiving this email because you signed up to receive my newsletter on Everywhereist.com

Sick of me already? That's fair. 
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment